Sunday 25 December 2016

The Cycle of Pride and Prejudice


My Kids with their cousins. Kids, they respect each other. 

Pride is a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.


When I was growing up,I always kept in my mind that if one day I achieved my dreams, it will be the symbol of pride, the token to be shown to others who have belittle me. I also have prejudice on how people will react to my success..will they respect me of who I am at that time, or just lurking in the muddy waters?


Success is a result of cumulative effort and circumstances

It is not wrong to have pride of what you have achieve in your life. However, to think that you deserve it because of your own will and effort is far form true.We are living with people around us, and often we succeed because of them. A company succeed because of its employees, a school is successful because of its teachers and so on.


Do not step on each other


When you achieve a step higher in your life, do not step on others. Do not use them as your ladder too. People need to be respected no matter who they are, and what they have achieved in their life. The meaning of success itself varies from one person to another. One success's ,might look tiny to the others, but to that person, its a life achievement. Who are we to judge?


Often I heard this advice:

" Don't let other people step on you"

I agree that we should not let our-self being bullied by others, disrespected by who we are. What I do not agree is, to step on others in order for you not being step upon.Do you get what I mean? You should avoid being stepped, but not by stepping on other people's head to get on to the higher ground !



Respect. Respect.Respect

If you hold on to these three words, you will not get stepped by others. Who want to step a person who they respect? And to gain respect is not by force, but by respect too. Who teach us that when we are at higher rank or position,people must respect us? If we do not show respect to others, what do you expect? A bow in front and a butt (haha,okey) at your back. Is that what we are looking for?


I do not understand why people want to be respected because of their achievements, age, rank, seniority or wealth. Do you realize that respect gained by this position is temporary? And often just a show? Who sets this rules?


Respect others, and you will be respected.


Keep the pride in your heart because its a medal for you only

Put away prejudice, and start respecting each other.


A simple "Hi" or "Salam" or a simple smile works every time.

When you see people, do not pretend that you are searching text messages from an old friend.

Look at them ,smile and say hi !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow My Blog

My Other Blog

  • Memperbaiki Diri - Saat ini, kita perlu sibukkan memperbaiki diri kita. Perbaiki amalan, sikap dan cara hidup. Fokus bagaimana untuk menghadapi saat getir, dan cara untuk ...
    3 years ago

IIUM Friends

Popular posts