Tuesday 20 December 2016

MOGTT experience at Klinik Kesihatan Indera Mahkota

Assalamualaikum,

Good morning to my dear readers, and May Allah bless us all in our life today until the day of judgement.

Today I  have an apointments for Modified Oral Glucose Tolerence Test (MOGTT) at Indera Mahkota Health Clinic. I arrived at 8.15 am and quickly went to the counter to have my "sugar drink". The nurse at the Mother and child counter tell me that the station for taking blood was full and I need to first register at the main counter. I was told before to do the opposite, take the Glucose drink first and then register.

The mother(maternity) and child counter

The Registration

I just follow her instructions and went to the registration counter. It was a busy morning and my maternity card got stuck inside the pile of patients' card on the counter. After 10 minutes I saw the pile of cards do not shrink, so I went back to the procedure station. The nurses there said I need to take back my card from the registration counter.

The registration counter

So I went to the counter and kindly ask the nurse there to exclude my card as I need to take the MOGTT test first. The nurse searched my card, and send it the person next to her (the person incharge of the registration).  Well, Alhamdulillah,  this means my card have been processed without me needing to que with others. Could this be achieved if I have no patience?  Will it happens without Allah intervening?

The Dental Check

I went back to the maternity counter, and after a while the nurse there called me and tell which procedure I need to do first. She asked me whether I have already got my teeth checked. I quickly replied not yet (eagerly, as I really need to see one hehehe). She told me to meet the dentist incharge there and Alhamdulillah,  I got myself a dental check and the dentist said that I can come for my dental fix (I got two cavities and she said I also have plaque build up). She memtioned that the dental procedure is free for maternity, Subhanallah! It have been several years (2010) since my last dental fix. This is the fruit of patience my friend, you get more than you expected!



Procedure Station

I quickly walked back to the procedure station and sit down while the nurse checked my card. I told her that I actually need to have the test last week but I was busy with my proposal defense. She asked me whether I have called the clinic before hand to set appointment. Well, today was supposed to be my checkup day, so do it concurrently. She asked me to show my arm and quickly after seeing it she was panic. This was a normal scene to me. Most of the caregiver will panic after seeing that my vein was nowhere to be seen. Luckily she do not attempt to syringe out the blood sample (because she was not confident to do it) and asked the more senior nurse to do it.

The procedure station

The Competent nurse

The senior nurse was very confident and calm. She assessed my arm and quickly take my blood through my right arm. Phew, she was good!  Most of the caregivers would take several attempt to take my blood, especially on my right arm. I usually end up with bruises and need to allow them to use the butterfly needle to syringe blood. I told her that most of the nurses can do this, not the doctors. She humbly said no, it was patience and serenity.

The Glucose Drink

Then she asked me to drink the glucose drink. This was nighmare, worst than Freddy's. I stare at the glasses, as I can see the viscous drink was hardly drinkable. Imagine, the Glucose (Sugar) was diluted by from 2/3 portion of the glass, and it is so viscous that you feel dizzy drinking it. The mother behind me asked the nurse " Do I need to drink that?"
Haha... I feel you!  This is worst than jabs! Be Patience Elin! ( I said to myself)

I read the Bismillah, solawat.. And take a sip.. Masya Allah... So thick! Although this was not my first time drinking it, I still felt dizzy just to smell the drink. 1, 2..3.. Another sip.. Another solawat.. 6th sip my head was getting heavy.. I think I'm going to faint! I distracted my mind by thinking other things, last sip... Alhamdulillah... This suffering has ended!

The normal routine

After the procedure I need to come back for post Glucose drink blood sample after 2 hours. I went to the lab, have my urine test and went to the maternity checkup room. There a warm smiling staffnurse welcome me, I felt relieved..  Alhamdulillah,  she will be the one taking carr of my case until I deliver.  She checked my due date and told me that I was in my 15 week of gestation. She was quite friendly, I felt some connection with her and I praised Allah for sending me a such a good nurse.

The injection trolley, another nightmare haha
She checked my abdominal height, and advice me on food intake.  Luckily today I am not for any injection hehehe.  she talked to me like a friend and write the notes inside my red maternity book. All the documentation in this clinic was done manually, so she need to write two times everytimes, one on my red book and one for the clinic record. I told her If I need to write like her all day long, it will no longer be readable haha..

The "Red" Maternity Book

Appointment

She told me that I will have my appointment with the cardiologist on 19 January 2017, so she set up our maternity appointment on the 23 January 2017. She was so flexible, smiled always and funny. Ya Allah, Alhamdulillah... I was thankful to Allah as I finally can continue my cardiology followup at Hospital Ampuan Afzan (HTAA) after defaulted (missed) my last follow up at the Serdang Hospital December last year. I have been trying to get appointment here but as I do not have a proper tranfer case transfer the IM clinic doctors' were not able to help much.


When I realized that I was pregnant again ( 5th Child), I was afraid that my heart condition will worsen. I was diagnosed with Atrial Septal Defect during my last pregnancy. It was an accidental findings,  and I wast told that I have this since I was a baby (congenital). I pray to Allah to give me strength and ease me throughout my oregnancy. Allah answers my Prayer, as due to my pregnancy I was able to get an appointment for cardiology checkup in HTAA. It has been a year since my last followup and getting new appointment here was impossible without proper documents (I did not tranfer my case officially from Hospital Serdang, so I dont have all the personal health file).

Allah Loves Me

My pregnancy is a gift from Allah, although I am actually facing high health risk, I am rest assured that all is in Allah's will. After I finished with followup, Bro Nan (my husband)  can't come to fetch me, so I was thinking of using the bus to go back to IM 2. I was sitting near the procedure station when a young women sit next to me. I asked her if she know any bus that commute near the clinic. She was not sure but as she is living in Kotasas, she offered me a ride home, Alhamdulillah ya Allah. She introduced herself as Syam, and drive me home after we both have our blood taken for the post MOGTT.

Allah show His love in many ways, and often we missed it because we take things for granted. Let us take all the things in life as gift from Allah, we will see the beauty of Allah's love in every inches of our life.

Till me meet again, and feel free to share your experience for maternity checkup in your place!

Here's Map to Klinik Kesihatan Indera Mahkota:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Follow My Blog

My Other Blog

  • Memperbaiki Diri - Saat ini, kita perlu sibukkan memperbaiki diri kita. Perbaiki amalan, sikap dan cara hidup. Fokus bagaimana untuk menghadapi saat getir, dan cara untuk ...
    3 years ago

IIUM Friends

Popular posts